Last updated: November 10, 2023
Table of Contents
- When We Collect Information
- Types Of Personal Information We Collect
- How We Use Your Information
- How We Disclose Your Personal Information
- Your Privacy Choices
- Children’s Privacy
- Third-Party Links
- Contact Us
1. When We Collect Information
We may collect personal information that you provide when you:
- Visit our Website.
- Use our Services.
- Sign up for our waitlist, email newsletter, SMS, or other communications.
- Contact us.
2. Types Of Personal Information We Collect
Information you provide:
- Identity Data. Data by which you may be personally identified, such as name, home address, e-mail address, and telephone number.
- Vehicle Data. Data pertaining to your vehicle, such as VIN, year, make, model, mileage, and service history.
- Transaction Data. Including information associated your transactions with us, such as obtaining a quote, submitting a claim, and receiving reimbursements. This also includes information to process your transactions, such as receipts, photos, and text messages with associated metadata.
- Your communications with us. Information from your contacting us including inquiries into our Services, which may include providing us with your name and email.
Information we automatically collect:
- Metadata and analytics. Metadata and analytics for your use of our Website, including IP address, device information, date/time of visits, new or returning visits, products viewed, page response times, URL clickstreams, how long you stay on our pages, and what you do on those pages.
Information from third parties:
- Vehicle report information such as purchase and sale, usage, service, and loss history, including information from third parties such as CARFAX, Inc. and similar providers.
3. How We Use Your Information
We use the personal information we collect for the following purposes:
- To provide you with and to improve our Website and Services.
- For customer support.
- To communicate with you, including sending you our newsletter or SMS messages, and providing you updates about your account such as transaction notifications.
- For other business and legal purposes, such as to detect and prevent fraud, to collect amounts owing to us, and to maintain business records.
- Any other lawful purpose with your consent.
4. How We Disclose Your Personal Information
We may disclose your information with your consent. We may also share your information with:
- Subsidiaries and corporate affiliates.
- Vendors and service providers. For example, vendors that help us communicate with you, manage and optimize our Website and Services, and help us advertise our Website and Services. This also includes payment processors who receive financial-related information in order to complete applications and transactions. Amber does not directly collect or store sensitive personal information associated with your financial account information.
- Where necessary, debt collectors in compliance with our agreements.
- Select joint marketing partners to facilitate an Amber promotion.
- We may share your personal information in order to:
- Protect the legal rights of our company, our employees, our agents, and our affiliates.
- Protect the safety and security of our customers.
- Detect and protect against fraud.
- Comply with law or legal process.
- We may share your personal information as part of a business transition.
- We may also share your personal information with prospective corporate asset, stock, or debt purchasers exclusively to evaluate the proposed transaction.
We may share de-identified, aggregated, or anonymous information for any purpose, meaning that such information is either combined with other data or otherwise anonymized so that the results are not personally identifiable.
5. Your Privacy Choices
You have the right to exercise the following choices with our use of your personal information:
- Access the personal information we maintain about you.
- Delete the personal information we maintain about you, provided we may retain information in order to comply with a legal obligation to do so.
- Correct inaccurate personal information we maintain about you.
- Opt out of certain uses of your personal information, notably:
- Email marketing. You can unsubscribe to our email list by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of marketing emails.
- SMS marketing. You can opt out at any time by replying STOP.
You can exercise these rights by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org or refer to the information below for cookies and other tracking technologies.
Please note that the opt out of communications with us does not apply to non-commercial communications and we still may contact you in order to effectuate our Services.
There are a number of ways to opt out of having your online activity and device data collected through these services, which we summarize below:
- Blocking Cookies In Your Browser. Most browsers let you remove or reject cookies, including cookies used for interest-based advertising. To do this, follow the instructions in your browser settings. Many browsers accept cookies by default until you change your settings. For more information about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set on your device and how to manage and delete them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
- Advertising Industry Opt-Out Tools. You can also use these opt-out options to limit use of your information for interest-based advertising online or in apps by visiting http://optout.aboutads.info
- With Each of Our Vendors Individually. The following advertising or marketing services partners offer opt-out features that let you opt-out of use of your information for interest-based advertising or profiling:
Third Party Advertising Services
Facebook Advertising Preferences
Google Advertising Opt Out
Google Analytics Opt Out
Please note that because these opt-out mechanisms are specific to the device or browser on which they are exercised, you will need to opt out on every browser and device that you use.
We protect information we collect about you by maintaining physical, electronic and procedural safeguards designed to prevent unauthorized access to user data retained in our servers, however, due to the inherent open nature of the Internet, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information provided online. We take reasonable precautions to protect your information both online and offline. The servers on which we store data are kept in a secure environment.
We will retain your information for as long as your account or inquiry is active or as needed to provide you with the Services, and for a reasonable time thereafter in accordance with our standard procedures or as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, to resolve disputes, and to enforce our agreements. Even if we delete some or all of your personal information, we may continue to retain and use aggregate or anonymous data previously collected and/or anonymize or aggregate your personal information. Please note that we will not be liable for disclosures of your data due to errors or unauthorized acts of third parties.
9. Children’s Privacy
We do not intentionally collect any personal information from children under the age of 18. If you are under the age of 18, do not use or provide any information on our Website or Services or on or through any of its features. If you believe we have obtained personal information associated with children under the age of 18, please contact us at email@example.com and we will delete it.
10. Third-Party Links
Our Website or Services may contain links to other websites or services. We do not exercise control over the information you provide to or is collected by these third-party websites. We encourage you to read the privacy policies or statements of the other websites you visit.
12. Contact Us
If you have any questions about our privacy or security practices, or if you would like to request access to or correction of your personal information, you can contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or at:
Amber Technologies, Inc.
2261 Market Street #5280
San Francisco, CA 94114